Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rice Krispies Treats in a Brownie Pan!?

If you're anything like me - you love rice krispie treats. And if we're similar in that aspect, I bet you also hate getting your hands slathered in butter while attempting to coat whatever pan you're using so that these marshmallowy squares of goodness pop right into your mouth without clinging to the sides of the pan. I've been there, its a pain to clean. Ever since my new pampered chef consultant kit came in I have been using my brownie pan non-stop. I've made chicken fried rice cups, mini meatloaves, and philly cheesesteak bombs to name a few. And tonight there wasn't much in the pantry and I was hungry. I spotted a box of rice krispie cereal and a bag of marshmallows just waiting to be cooked. This was also a good test of how much our batter bowl holds. It's big enough to measure out the 6 cups of cereal as well as combine the melted marshmallows so its a definite winner in my book. Saves one less measuring cup from having to be rinsed. After everything was combined I poured the mixture into the brownie pan UNGREASED. I wasn't sure how well this would work, I've tried nonstick pans before and the marshmallow still clung to the pan. This time was different. I waited for the rice krispies treats to cool and then, using only my hands, popped them out easily to taste. If this pan isn't in your home I strongly encourage you to purchase one, it is my favorite thing in the kitchen. There are endless possibilities for it! Happy cooking!

1 comment: